Yes! Pumpkin is everywhere, and apples. There are some “fall” back recipes I go to this time of year that just add to the sensory experience of the season. Here are a few of my favorites and some new ones that I would like to try.
- Butternut Squash Soup : Warm, creamy and filling. To me it embodies the feeling of fall. I love Alton Brown’s recipe for this.
- Slow Cooker Apple Butter : I tend to over buy apples this time of year. Sometimes I feel the want to go apple picking and with no outlet for this energy I buy to much for our family to eat. Thus my foreray into apple butter. It is versital and yummy and you can enjoy it well after fall.
- Iced Pumpkin Cookies: Sweet, yummy and full of fall flavors.
- Pumpkin Chili: I know it sounds weird but it is seriously one of the best chili’s I have had. Give it a try. Went through several before I found this one on tablefortwoblog.com.
- Butternut Squash Lasagna: I make this every Thanksgiving and even though it is a vegetable lasagna it is not in any way bland. It is creamy, rich and very filling. It is a bit labor instensive however, but totally worth the effort.